Wellington City Heritage Week from 23 to 29 October this year.
Brought to you by Historic Places Wellington, Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga, and Wellington City Council, and starting on Labour Day, this is a week-long public event that includes open heritage properties, city tours, special museum exhibitions, films and presentations.
Highlights of the week include:
- Open days at Antrim House, St Gerard’s Monastery, Government House, St Mary of the Angels and Wrights Hill Fortress;
- Special tours at the New Zealand Cricket Museum and The Great War Exhibition; Wellington
- Archaeologist Mary O’Keeffe hosting her previously sold out tour of the city’s most interesting sites;
- Nga Taonga Sound & Vision presenting heritage films on the development of Wellington City and important events that have shaped the city;
- Special presentations at the National Library of New Zealand and the City Gallery.
All events are open to the public. See the heritage week website for further information.